It can be challenging to think about coming to the end of our life, but if we neglect to plan for this, the consequences for our loved ones left behind can be harrowing – making a difficult time even more traumatic. Estate Planning is more complex than making sure you have a Will. A well-developed estate plan includes:
- Power of Attorney
- Guardianship Letters
- Advance Health Directive
- Letters of wishes
- Testamentary Trusts
- Corporate Wills/Power of Attorney
Your plan will ensure that your financial affairs are aligned with your estate plan and that all your assets go where you want them to be. We’ll work with a solicitor – either yours or we can recommend someone to you – to arrange your estate, and give you peace of mind that your affairs will be settled just as you intended.
Making a difference
Many people gain a sense of comfort and purpose from arranging to leave their assets to others. It can be deeply satisfying to know that others will benefit from your hard work and good fortune after you’ve gone.
Gifts of significant value like property, cash, or share portfolios can make a considerable impact on the lives of those who receive them. If you own a business, one of the most significant legacies you can leave is that of passing it on to the next generation.
Your generosity can have a huge impact on the broader community – in life as well as after you’re gone. From one-off bequests, to direct donations, volunteering, and ancillary funds, there are many opportunities for you to make a difference now and into the future. Public and private ancillary funds also offer the benefit of tax deductions as well as supporting your chosen charities over many years.
Get in touch to start a compassionate conversation about your estate planning.
- Come and meet us. Find out how we work. No obligation. No charge. No strings.
- Sometimes you think you have things under control and you just want someone to do a sense check. Come and have a chat – if we believe you’ve got your affairs in order, we won’t sell you a service you don’t need.
- Maximum efficiency. Minimal time. Life is busy and complicated. We know you have other things to do. We’ve streamlined our processes so we don’t keep you away from things for too long.
- All forms and paperwork are pre-filled. All you need to do is read and sign.
- We start with your goals – what do you want to get of the advice?
- We’ll thoroughly research the options and present them to you.
- No “get rich quick” schemes. No magic silver bullets.
- Everything you need to feel informed. Data, facts, statistics. Knowledge is power. And you need to be in control of your decisions.